[NSRCA-discussion] Pull-pull setups

CHV69 at aol.com CHV69 at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 16:09:46 AKST 2008

In a message dated 1/23/2008 8:06:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jnhiller at earthlink.net writes:

John,  I can’t comment on Kevlar. I have only used steel (.021” Sig control
line  cable). I also use internal bell cranks to eliminate cable tension load
on the  servo mount rubber grommets and shaft. This way I can run the cables
quite  snug. Short ball link connectors connect the bell cranks to the servo.
By using different holes in the servo  wheel or bell crank I can use the full
servo travel, and reduce the control  surface travel without resorting to
non-parallel linkage or transmitter  endpoint and accompanying resolution
reduction.
I  haven’t been totally happy using dual elevator servos so I cable them as
well,  connecting all 4 cables to a single bell crank. It is quite easy to
balance  the travel, center and end-points by adjusting the threaded control horn
and  cable length. When I started doing this it yielded the tightest system I
ever  used.
For  what it is worth.

I like that idea for the elevator setup.
What type of bell crank is it that you use?

Carl