[NSRCA-discussion] Pull-pull setups

CHV69 at aol.com CHV69 at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 16:05:34 AKST 2008

In a message dated 1/23/2008 7:38:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jpavlick at idseng.com writes:

I'd like to hear the pros and cons of Kevlar vs. steel  pull-pull cables.
Also any tips on installing either of them. I've done a few  steel setups but I
haven't installed a Kevlar one yet. how long does  Kevlar last?

John I use the stuff Central Hobbies sells. It is a Kevlar like outside  with
a silk type of fiber inside. Won't stretch like steel.

It is easier to work with then the cable. It will probably last longer then
the plane.  :>}

Just slide on the brass tube. then slide it through the horn  and back
through the tube, then crimp the ends the brass tubes. It is  that simple.
I usually will crimp the servo horn ends first, mount them on the servo and
then adjust at the rudder end.

Also the Kevlar will have less chance of causing radio interference then  the
steel cable.

Carl