[NSRCA-discussion] Web Sites

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Tue Jan 22 07:26:27 AKST 2008

http://www.nsrca.org is our official home base.

> In the last year we
> have had had .ORG, .NET, and .US.

nsrca.net was a demo site that I owned and operated.

It is defunct now.

I have retained ownership of the name for the time
being while we work out some method for the NSRCA
to take ownership of it on a permanent basis (if
the NSRCA wants to do so).

http://nsrca.us is the new developmental site operating
on a linux server provided by NXS.net.  I just upgraded
to Joomla 1.5.0 (stable), which is one of the hurdles we
had to clear--the Joomla developers asked people not to
rely on the beta versions for production sites.

Joomla 1.5.0 just became available in the last day or so,
so we're on the cutting edge (for good or for ill).

 > Some of the districts have the same
> problem.

I believe that I have contacted all of the district
webmasters and am keeping them informed of what we are
doing and what their options are.

District 2 is developing its site using Joomla.  Go
to http://nsrca.us and roll your mouse over districts,
then down to D2 to see what Buff is doing.

D6 and D8 are also experimenting with Joomla.

I can set the links from the nsrca.us menu elsewhere
as the webmasters direct me to (or they can make
the change in the menu themselves, if they wish).

The options are these:

1. New Joomla site.
2. External website hosted elsewhere; open in a
new window.
3. Internal website hosted on nsrca.us, updated
as the webmaster prefers; may open in a new window
or else be "wrapped" in a Joomla frame, with or
without nsrca.us menus.

I have converted some of the pages that I maintain
to Joomla (see Links and Tips 'n' Tricks).

The Join/Renew and K-Factor links go back to nsrca.org
for now.  There is no change in their functionality.
Whether you get to them from nsrca.org or nsrca.us, you
go to the same page on nsrca.org.

Hope this helps.

				Marty