[NSRCA-discussion] 3-views

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Jan 22 04:10:12 AKST 2008

Yeah, that seems to be a problem. There used to be two contests each in Winston and Smithfield. The Smithfield site is not longer suitable for contests (next-door farmer not very cooperative). There were contests in Chesapeake and Richmond as well. In every case, there was a local person that was a "sparkplug" for the contest. We need more of those.

  I remember going to 10 or more contests each season, all within a 4 hour radius.

  Bob R.

plachance at cox.net wrote:
  Jay,

I attended 3 last year. 2 of the 3 were in SC though. That was a long haul from Va Beach. There used to be alot more in the 4 hours range from me. I could actually get to SC faster from Richmond and Northern VA faster. I have to drive due West for 1.5 -2 hours before I get to start heading Sounth. LOL Just seems there were ALOT more contests in D2 in the 90's.

Paul