[NSRCA-discussion] Altitude limits

chris moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:07:52 AKST 2008

Jim:  I'm guessing they are trying to keep you below the minimum
altitudes for full scale planes, and certainly a reaction to the mid-air
the other day in L.A.
Full scale minimum requirements (except when taking off or landing) are
1000 feet above the ground or highest obstacle within 2000 feet
horizontally within populated areas or 500 feet above the ground in
lightly populated areas.  In unpopulated areas it is 500 feet from any
person, object or vehicle with no minimum altitude.

Chris