[NSRCA-discussion] Ball bearing clevis'

Rick Wallace rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 05:16:14 AKST 2008

Same here - 6-32 all-thread from the hardware store. I tried a different material once - some harder 6-32 threaded rod used to mount commercial letters on walls - and one broke / failed (aileron linkage) after about 55 flights.

I'll stay w/ the all-thread. Plenty strong. For pushrod ends I use the long 4-40 threaded rods from Du-Bro - -available in bulk at the local hobby store.   (understand the big thing there is to get rolled threads rather than CUT threads, which are more likely to lead to stress failures at the beginning of the threaded part.)

From: ronlock at comcast.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:22:12 +0000Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Ball bearing clevis'
I developed an understanding years ago that bolts are hardened and may eventually break.
Ive use all thread rod from hardware store for el, rud, ail horns with no problem.

Ron Lockhart
-------------- Original message -------------- From: "John Pavlick" <jpavlick at idseng.com>

I'm thinking about using ball-bearing clevis' on a new airplane. What is everyone using for 6-32 bolts through the surface and 4-40 pushrod threads? Also - what's the best thing to use on the control surfaces? 6-32 screws or threaded rod? I remember hearing that one or the other wasn't good because it was too brittle and it could braek.

John Pavlickhttp://www.idseng.com
--Forwarded Message Attachment--From: jpavlick at idseng.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: [NSRCA-discussion] Ball bearing clevis'Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 06:14:42 +0000_______________________________________________NSRCA-discussion mailing listNSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.orghttp://lists.nsrca.org/mailman/listinfo/nsrca-discussion