[NSRCA-discussion] Ball bearing clevis'

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Thu Jan 17 04:22:28 AKST 2008

I developed an understanding years ago that bolts are hardened and may eventually break.
Ive use all thread rod from hardware store for el, rud, ail horns with no problem.

Ron Lockhart
From: "John Pavlick" <jpavlick at idseng.com>

I'm thinking about using ball-bearing clevis' on a new airplane. What is everyone using for 6-32 bolts through the surface and 4-40 pushrod threads? Also - what's the best thing to use on the control surfaces? 6-32 screws or threaded rod? I remember hearing that one or the other wasn't good because it was too brittle and it could braek.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com