[NSRCA-discussion] Full Scale Airport

Archie Stafford rcpattern at swtexas.net
Thu Jan 17 04:19:43 AKST 2008

Ed,

We had a similar issue back in WV.  I am not talking about St. Clairsville
either for those who have been there.  There is virtually no traffic there
and it is a private airport. I think a lot of it depends on the amount of
traffic.  If you just have a few planes in and out, it might be worth going
and talking to some of the local pilots and let them no what's going on.  If
it is like the airport in Ravenswood, WV, the local guys probably have more
affect over flights than anyone.  The other thing that helps is to have a
radio, so you can listen to incoming traffic and even talk back if it is
small enough.  Even uncontrolled airports, the guys coming in are supposed
to announce their intentions.  If you file the correct NOTAMS and the
airport has very little traffic, you wont have any problems.  If it is large
enough for some commercial traffic or something then you might have an
issue,

Arch

  _____