[NSRCA-discussion] A5 --- rx 1.40

Karl G. Mueller kgamueller at rogers.com
Tue Jan 15 05:40:50 AKST 2008

On the O.S. 160FX I have added a second plug hole in the head.

In the center hole I use a Y.S. plug (cheaper than O.S. F.) and

In the second position a K&B 1L. On an inverted engine the

Four-stroke plug works better for starting. It reaches a little

further into the chamber and does not get doused by to much fuel

when starting. I only use the center plug for starting, but you could

also use the added plug for that since it is a little higher up on the

curve of the chamber and there is less of a chance to get doused by

flooding. Perfect idle, good transition and never a dead stick because

of plug failure.

Karl G. Mueller
kgamueller at rogers.com