[NSRCA-discussion] aero question

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Sun Jan 6 10:49:11 AKST 2008

Jay,
I'm sure that you're aware that the condition you reference is "adverse
couple" and sounds like the center of pressureof the rudder is located too
high partly caused by insufficient dihedral in the wing. Increasing rudder
area down low might help, but I think the real culprit is dihedral. Vertical
C.G. might also have an effect. Is all the hardware located high in the
airframe? Also, how far below the datum is the wing located. If it's a lot,
this could also contribute. I agree that the condition is there all the
time, just exacerbated by the extreme deflelction angles. I can't see how,
if the dihedral angle is correct, that incidence is going to affect roll
issues.
G.