[NSRCA-discussion] Wheels

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Feb 25 20:26:29 AKST 2008

tettra 55mm plastic hubs.

I don't like the Ally rims as the tires wear out faster...but they look good. The plastic hub versions are more durable than the Dave Brown wheels and the foam is a little more dense. They will flat spot a little but they come back to shape quickly. Usually after a takeoff and landing you don't see the flat spot anymore.

I fly almost exclusively off pavement and these wheels wear the best of any I have used.

I think they are around 22g for a pair...its been a  while since I weighed them. There are lighter choices out there but not by much and the lighter choices don't wear well at all on pavement.

Troy Newman