[NSRCA-discussion] Li-Po and Regulators for 4C applications

Eddie Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Sun Feb 24 11:05:56 AKST 2008

I'll give the Hobbico Accucycle Elite  a vote for charging the TX  and the
RX flight pack at the same time  from AC or DC power source. It gives all
the info you could want on a LCD display and with two outputs will charge
them both at the same time. IT also cuts off when the pack is charged ( I
know cuz I left my foamy 3s pack on charge and went into work at lunch the
other day. Found it still beeping when I came out after closing the store.
It didn't drain my battery in my car so I was even able to start the car to
go home  :-)  Now before someone says anything -I know -  DO NOT CHARGE IN
THE CAR !!  and DO NOT CHARGE UNATTENDED !!.  I I made a mistake but I got
away with it and I'm giving the Elite credit for that <G>

Now FWIW  (For charging anything from 2s to 6s up to 8amps) I just got the
new TME Extrema Charger with integrated balancers. Used it first time today.
VERY NICE ! You can even log the charge process on your laptop while
charging if you want to.  One charger can handle four 6s balancers but with
a limit of 8amps. More to come later as I'm just starting to use it.

Eddie

  _____