[NSRCA-discussion] Mike Hester

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 16:18:15 AKST 2008

Ok, maybe I need to clarify....

I do not see this as a negative or bad thing, although yesterday was a much
different story. But then yesterday my fever was hovering between
103-104...dangerously high. Ever tried to be calm and rational with a fever
like that? Trouble is, I didn't have time to wait and get better, I had to
do something because I was getting slammed with pretty strange and negative
stuff, all demanding some form of response. "I'm sick and in the bed" wasn't
getting the message across.

Soooooo....I just made a decision that's been plaguing me for a long time
now. I just don't see it as a negative or a bad thing, although after
reading what I wrote, my frustration and lack of rationale got the better of
me. And to be honest it was just a lot more harsh than I intended it to be,
and really I apologize for that. I have enough drama in my life, this was
just something that I had to take care of before it took care of me.

I'm not in the least bit angry with anyone, let me be clear about that. But
I found myself working under a bizarre set of circumstances and some things
that I thought were clear from the beginning, apparently weren't clear
enough. I found myself in a bad situation wondering how I got there, then
realizing I'm not Superman....basically. LOL

Really I had been working under this sort of arrangement for over a year now
anyway, it's just more "official" now. I have lupus flares all the time but
until this last week I never would have "shared" that on my site in detail.
frankly I just hate it and it's part of my life I wish wasn;t there, and I
try to ignore it and push on, and inevitably it bites me sqaure in the rear
when I least expect it.

This time just really got my attention, that's all. It scared the hell out
of me. And showed me in no uncertain terms, I had to let something go. So,
building professionally was it. As I said it doesn't mean I won't ever do
it, it will just be much fewer and further between. MUCH. I just had to
realize that building for others in any amount of volume is just not in the
cards for me as long as I am trying to do kits and stuff.

I REALLY didn't want this to go past my news page, but I know that Ron knows
me and I assume he is/was concerned. I appreciate that! I'd just rather it
not turn into some crazy drama, because it's not necessary. I already regret
not doing it differently, but everybody makes mistakes....just usually not
with a crazy fever =)

So back to snaps and spins and batteries.......

-Mike

PS I'm not soured, but I am pretty exhausted =P