[NSRCA-discussion] Topic Changed to judgin' problem?

Del Rykert drykert2 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Feb 4 14:52:57 AKST 2008

I am going to ask something and not meaning to annoy or offend anyone.

1.  Do we truly have a significant judging problem?

2.  If we do - is it a perceived problem by a few or the majority?

3.  Where does the it mostly occur?  At local / regional or at the Nat's?

4.  After the problem/s are identified and agreed upon what is the most practical and effective means of addressing the problem/s .

    My initial belief is that it may be occasional and with a 1 on 1 situation where 1 judge saw things differently than what the pilot or caller thought.  If it is a repeatable problem with the same individual then we have a education or enlightenment problem hopefully.

    If Bias or personal favorites are occurring and it is a repeatable demonstration then it would appear that either a new rule may need to be created to address it if the current measure that are available are proven to be inadequate.