[NSRCA-discussion] changed topic to killing Masters?

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 4 08:22:15 AKST 2008

Thank you very much Joe. I was wondering where I could find this
information. You guys have done a fantastic job developing the sequence
criteria and I am looking forward to learning the 2009 masters sequence.
The reoccurring proposal to split masters voluntarily or otherwise seams to
be driven by a judging problem associated with a large number of masters
competitors. I believe I am ready for forced advancement to masters but
others pointing-out of advanced may not be ready. I can happen quite quickly
where a single pilot is dominant (not necessarily good). This can happen
during a single two-year rules cycle and single advanced sequence seriously
restricting the variety of experience acquired prior to forced advancement
resulting in a difficult transition or dropping out.
Sorry about getting off subject but the mandatory advancement may somewhat
responsible for the large number of masters class pilots that either need to
grow into the ever increasing difficulty or drop out.
Jim Hiller