[NSRCA-discussion] Different pages, different logins

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sun Feb 3 10:35:53 AKST 2008

I've just been made aware of a possible problem that folks
may be having.

I apologize for not seeing this coming in advance.

At the present, because we're straddling two sites and
two systems, there are two different kinds of logins
and two different sets of credentials for you to keep
track of.

1. K-Factor download page -- old site, old system

	Username: NSRCA number
	Password: [whatever you set it to]

	Retrieving your number/password requires
	sending an e-mail to me or Jim Quinn,
	known to some as "Cathy Ruether."

2. New site / forums -- new system

	Username: you pick it when you register on the
		new system
	Password: ditto.

	Those of you who use hotmail, gmail, or some other
	service may not get a registration confirmation link.
	I can manually confirm your registration for the time
	being.  (The problem is that the mail comes from
	nsrca.org, but that does not match the SMTP server
	from which the e-mail originates; this, in turn,
	triggers aggressive spam filters.  This will be
	resolved down the road.)

	For those who do receive e-mail from the site, you
	can ask it to send you your username and and a link
	to set a new password.  For those who can't receive
	e-mail from the site, you're stuck with the old system:
	write me or Jim Quinn.

					Marty