[NSRCA-discussion] changed topic to killing Masters?

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun Feb 3 08:19:49 AKST 2008

I also disagree with the Master class flying the FAI P schedule, even
though there was a time when I thought it was a good idea.  The FAI
schedules have increased in difficulty almost every cycle.  Now even
the P schedule is at the limits of ability of many, if not most,
Master class pilots.  One sure way to reduce the number of Master
class pilots is to implement the P schedule in the Master class and
follow in the next rule change cycle with flying the F schedule as a
"Finals" on the second day of a contest.

BTW, I know that the best of the F3A pilots love the challenge of
flying the P schedule on the first day and the F schedule on the
second day, but I wonder how many F3A pilots stay away from a contest
when they hear that's what will be done.

Ron Van Putte