[NSRCA-discussion] FW: ESVs for flight pack lipos?

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 14:42:39 AKDT 2008

I bought mine from Gordon Anderson...

http://www.mstar2k.com/

Look for the Maestro on his page.

  _____

From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
[mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Richard
Strickland
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:36 AM
To: NSRCA DISCUSSION
Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] FW: ESVs for flight pack lipos?

I'm switching some of my stuff to 2 cell lipos into a regulator (learned the
hard way that you separate the regulator on the OTHER side of the switch
from the battery--but that's another story).
The question(s): What is a good, relatively small ESV that has a load to
check the lipos? What voltage do you let them get down to before no go?
My 30 year old SO (Ye Olde ESV) ranges just miss that middle ground. I've
got a voltmeter--but it's not loaded.  On a 1200 pack(still lighter than 4
nicads WITH reg.) on four flights, the drop was from 8.4 down to 8.25V.  I'm
going to a 780 on another airplane and my understanding guys are getting up
to 7-8 flights on that size pack.  But how do you check them?

Thanks,

Richard

  _____

See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts.
Check It Out!
<http://www.windowslive.com/connect?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_connect2_082008>

  _____

Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How
<http://www.windowslive.com/explore/messenger?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_ya
hoo_082008>