[NSRCA-discussion] FW: ESVs for flight pack lipos?

Richard Strickland pamrich47 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 10:35:35 AKDT 2008

I'm switching some of my stuff to 2 cell lipos into a regulator (learned the hard way that you separate the regulator on the OTHER side of the switch from the battery--but that's another story).The question(s): What is a good, relatively small ESV that has a load to check the lipos? What voltage do you let them get down to before no go?My 30 year old SO (Ye Olde ESV) ranges just miss that middle ground. I've got a voltmeter--but it's not loaded.  On a 1200 pack(still lighter than 4 nicads WITH reg.) on four flights, the drop was from 8.4 down to 8.25V.  I'm going to a 780 on another airplane and my understanding guys are getting up to 7-8 flights on that size pack.  But how do you check them? Thanks, Richard

See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts. Check It Out!