[NSRCA-discussion] Band Saw

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 06:34:04 AKDT 2008

 If you can find one, the Ryobi BS1001SV is a great 10" bandsaw.? Has ball bearing blade guides, a built in dust collector, easy release tension relaxer, built in light, etc, etc. These are features found in very few models under $400, especially in this size.? They were sold by Home Depot a couple of years ago.? I think they were discontinued, but you might find a store that still has one.? I called around.? I paid about $200, and it was worth every penny.? Don't confuse this with the cheaper Ryobi model that Home Depot carries now.? Most of the cheaper ones have solid blade guides, no dust collector, no light, etc.?

Found this brand new one for $150 thru google (http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/tls/802758059.html).? It is in Connecticut, but he might ship.? They occasionally come up on ebay.

Look under bandsaws on the Ryobi website.? Manual and features are there.? http://www.ryobitools.com/products

Jon Lowe