[NSRCA-discussion] wattmeters/whattmeters

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Aug 13 07:59:45 AKDT 2008

I sometimes use a Sears clamp-on meter.  More often, I use a Watts Up
meter from BP Hobbies.  The Watts Up is inserted in the line between
the battery pack and the ESC.  It measures volt/amps/watts, with a
100 amp limit.  Street cost is about $50.  I only use it for ground
testing; it does not stay in the airplane.

Ron VP