[NSRCA-discussion] FW: OMS on E was > older 2m plane wanted

Richard Strickland pamrich47 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 10:13:21 AKDT 2008

This might be of a little interest..

RS

This was purpose built E by Orland last year with long fixed gear as an experiment (OMS stands for Orland McKee Special) with a C50XL Hacker running on 4200s.  He wasn't nuts about the result and traded it off--was then converted to the A60.  That guy wasn't crazy about it either(but I don't think he had it set up right).  Someone was interested in my last IC airplane(an OMS) and bought it--I had found this could be had the night before for not too much more than the other--so I turned around and got it same day--am now totally E.  Had to rework the entire innards to get the balance right with the 5000s--but I think it will be worth it.  I've felt all along that these older designs would be good for E and am fortunate to have come up with this one. Still learning things like you can put too much power to the larger out-runners and they can go a little(OK--a lot) nuts (screech) if not set up properly and there is some experimenting with timing and other stuff that will increase 'milage' without loss of power--of which there is plenty.  Still motors nicely in vertical up at 65-70%. RS

Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:26:04 -0700From: mups1953 at yahoo.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] OMS on E was > older 2m plane wanted