[NSRCA-discussion] [SPAM?] Covering

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Fri Aug 1 14:57:10 AKDT 2008

Ron,
This one stymied me for a long time, especially after I saw a 1/3 scale Extra at the Wram Show several years ago with a beautiful sunburst pattern perfectly done. I tried more than once to assemble sheets, even from the back side with Trim Solvent while never feeling like I had achieved a reliable joint.
My final solution, that allows you to do a pretty good shrink when applying is to do what everyone else is advising regarding the 1/4" overlap ( 5/16" might be even better). Iron this joint together with medium heat from the top and then turn the assembled sheet over. Cut a strip of "Clear" Monokote approx 5/8" wide and center it over the joint and  iron it down with medium heat. You'll need to use the Trim Seal Tool with the flat shoe. At this point the joint will be quite secure, but turn it back over and cuff the top seam lightly with a soft cloth just dampened with Trim Solvent and you're good to go.
Good Luck,

G.