[NSRCA-discussion] First outdoor electric

chris moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 06:14:28 AKDT 2008

John:

You might look at the EFlite 110 or the Axi 5320-28.  Both are around
17oz.  I would run a Castle 85HV which is a little over kill but you
can use it in a 2 meter setup one day as well if you want.  I would try
to run a 10s setup just so you don't need to buy special batteries just
for this plane and you can use the batteries again some day on a 2
meter plane.  Neither the Eflite or Axi specifically spec for 10s but I
know that they both will run 10s with no problem.  If you are sure that
you will not ever go to a 2 meter plane, you might go to an 8s set up
and a smaller controller. My thought is to make as many of the parts
reusable in another plane some day and not purchase stuff specifically
for this setup.

Chris

John Konneker wrote:

  I have decided to buy a NE Aero Aquila as advertised in the
K-Factor to play with. While I'm at it I thought maybe this would

be the plane to learn about electrics. After all, the tuition has to be
a little less on a smaller plane right? Or...

Anyway, the specs for the plane are:

Engine- 1.20-1.40 2c

Wingspan- 70"

Wing Area- 900 sq in

Length- 77"

Weight- 9.3#

I don't know what the translation would be weight wise removing the
glow equipment and replacing with electric motor, batts, ESC.

Would I get in for less than 2X 5s 5,000mah?

What I'm asking is what do I need?

What do you recommend?

Help!

JLK