[NSRCA-discussion] First outdoor electric

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 03:28:38 AKDT 2008

I have decided to buy a NE Aero Aquila as advertised in the K-Factor to play with.  While I'm at it I thought maybe this would
be the plane to learn about electrics.  After all, the tuition has to be a little less on a smaller plane right?  Or...
Anyway, the specs for the plane are:
Engine- 1.20-1.40 2c
Wingspan- 70"
Wing Area- 900 sq in
Length- 77"
Weight- 9.3#
I don't know what the translation would be weight wise removing the glow equipment and replacing with electric motor, batts, ESC.
Would I get in for less than 2X 5s 5,000mah?
What I'm asking is what do I need?
What do you recommend?
Help!
JLK