[NSRCA-discussion] Are the high gas prices going to change your contest plans?

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Tue Apr 22 16:28:00 AKDT 2008

Going to contests by yourself sucks.  I've been lucky in that I've
been able to share travel/lodging expenses on most of my contests.
The occasional solo journey to a contest is a bummer from every
aspect.  Traveling alone is difficult, even though I usually drive
all the way and back, but having someone to talk with is a big plus.
Staying in a motel room and going out to eat solo is a big turnoff.
Watching TV and sipping Scotch alone in a motel room just doesn't
hack it.  I have decided that I just won't go to a contest if it
means I have to go alone.  The cost of gas just blurs in the total
expense for a contest.  A week or so after a contest, I can't tell
you how much I spent on gas.

Ron Van Putte