[NSRCA-discussion] Are the high gas prices going to change your contest plans?

krishlan fitzsimmons homeremodeling2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 16:13:13 AKDT 2008

Yeah, but how do you get your plane and gear there?

  As for me, the high gas prices do cause a concern.. I went to a contest in So Cal and it cost me $175 in gas roundtrip (I live in Nor Cal)... I have 2 more So Cal contests that I had planned.. Not sure I will attend but one of them with the cost of gas.. Buddying up doesn't work either because I think I'm the only one who travels from north to south..
  The gas really isn't that bad really. Yeah it sucks compared to what we are used to. It's keeping enough work to pay for the gas that's the problem.. Work has definitely slowed down for me.. It's a drag..

  Chris

Chad Northeast <chadnortheast at shaw.ca> wrote:
  We are going to be flying to Muncie this year, because its pretty cheap to fly after you figure out the cost to drive.

Actually I might start hitting more long distance contests just because flying has become so inexpensive, and driving even to a close contest is almost as much money.

Chad