[NSRCA-discussion] Off Topic - Need Help

Dennis Bodary d_bodary at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 14:44:25 AKDT 2008

Well i don't know if dowsing will work. But here is a sure fire method. get a metal rod about 3/8" in diameter about two feet long. now here comes the fun part operating a power tool sharpen it to a point. Then get a hammer. Now using the hammer hit the metal rod into the ground. See it's fun isn't it. Now here is the science part. after pulling the metal rod from the ground. see if water comes out the hole. If it does you now know where the pipe is.

  Of course the downside of this plan is now that you have a hole pounded in the pipe every three feet or so. you'll probably need to replace the pipe. This will of course entail a even bigger power tool. like a backhoe.

  I probably did'nt help but maybe you got a laugh

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net> wrote:
  I am trying to trace the route of a 4" PVC water pipe about 100 yards
from a well. The pipe is buried about 12" to 14" underground. I
think it goes fairly straight. I don't want to dig down to find the
pipe until I'm sure where it is, because the soil is VERY difficult
to dig in, due to lots of gravel and clay. Although I'm sure there
are instruments which will enable one to trace the route of the pipe,
I don't have a clue who to ask. Any help available out there?

Ron Van Putte