[NSRCA-discussion] Method of mounting wheel pants

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at att.net
Fri Apr 4 06:05:45 AKDT 2008

I flew off of grass and about everything in-between and never had a problem with damaged wheel pants.   And don't worry about losing the the wheel pants or wheel.  IF... they ever come loose the worse possible thing that happens is the pant will till back.  It would take a LOT of vibration to get the bolt to back out.  It works perfect with the Bolly wheel pants as they have the slot in the pants that match the gear leg.  I have used flat sided wheel pants with good success also.  If in doubt put some thin sand paper on the contact spot and this will keep the pant from twisting.   Yes... with this method the axle supports the pant real well.  Better then suspenders.

Wayne