[NSRCA-discussion] Method of mounting wheel pants

Rex trexlesh at msn.com
Thu Apr 3 14:04:18 AKDT 2008

You're a  funny man, Dennis...   lol
You probably don't even have your pants on !?

Rex

Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 12:22:41 -0700From: patternpilot at verizon.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Method of mounting wheel pants

Because of this mounting method, Rex has not been able to get his pants off for years.

DC

John I just glue mine together...   If you break the wheel pant, just grind the remainder off and glue another seton...  Pretty simple.  I usually use epoxy, but the last set, I used Elmer's Ultimate Glue (Probond).  I use the lightweight aluminum axles from Central, drill the leg and pant... assemble the parts with glue between the pant and gear leg.  After I adjust the attitude of the pant, I simply tighten the axle bolt and let it dry.  You cant get any lighter than that!  I've been doing this for years, and haven't had any problems. Rex

From: jpavlick at idseng.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:33:17 -0400Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Method of mounting wheel pants

I'm looking for a light, reliable method to mount wheels and wheel pants on carbon fiber landing gear legs. Any suggestions?

John Pavlickhttp://www.idseng.com