[NSRCA-discussion] For Sale

Woodward, Jim jim.woodward at baesystems.com
Wed Sep 26 03:57:18 AKDT 2007

Hi Bob,

I see the best part of electric for one of these planes is that you have
a pretty high level of confidence the motor is going to run when you
hand launch, then bring it down for you high-alpha or 3D flying.  With a
little glow motor, you need to ensure it is broken in nicely, and is
tuned nicely.  So, there is a little more of a threat to a crash using a
smaller glow engine - until its broke in and reliable anyway.  That is
my only worry.  With a decent exhaust deflector, clean up is limited to
he very tail of the plane.  I just don't like charging flight packs for
now.

I think I'll look at this electric again with the batteries like the
A123 cells are weaponized - I mean hobby-ized :-) .  There is a good
thread on flying giants about these cells being used for giant scale
receiver packs now.

Thanks,

Jim W.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and proprietary information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.