[NSRCA-discussion] YS 140 Sport help

ronclark51 at comcast.net ronclark51 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 12:00:10 AKDT 2007

Make sure the diaphragm housing is not mounted backwards.

From: "DoWayne Gould" <iflyrc24 at gmail.com>

I have a 140 Sport that I can’t get running right. I bought it used from a fellow that only used it to tow gliders on Thursday afternoons and always ran like a top for him.....(yeh right).
Any way I can get it started barely and it will idle real low if you try to advance the throttle it acts like it leans and dies. The diaphragm, plunger and seat looked good but I replaced them anyway. While checking the plumbing I noticed that if I removed the short blue fuel line from the pump to the carb and hand propped it in the direction of rotation I would get just a little fuel spurting out. If I spin it with my starter no fuel would come out. If I spin the prop in reverse fuel sprays out in a full stream. It seems to me it‘s not going to run till I can get fuel to pump in correct direction unless I can find a 2 meter pusher.

Any ideas on what is installed backwards? If it matters Powermaster 20/20, OS F, APC 16-10
Thanks
Dowayne