[NSRCA-discussion] Weather Vane

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 04:31:08 AKDT 2007

Agree.
Ron Lockhart

From: duane.e.beck at comcast.net (Duane Beck)

To travel in a straight line along the runway, you'd have to be crabbed into the wind.  You may not have touched the rudder, but I bet you banked the airplane, turning into the wind to establish your crab angle.  If you didn't crab into the wind and the airplane is aligned with the runway but drifting sideways, you'd have to time the touchdown to land on the runway.  Either way, without cross-controlling, you're going to put side loads on the landing gear when you touch down.

From: James Oddino <joddino at socal.rr.com>