[NSRCA-discussion] Judging-snap & spin

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Sat Oct 20 18:42:06 AKDT 2007

Ron,

Probably we should try the training first before changing the K-Factors.  I have a feeling that the training and re-training is going to work.

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: "Ron Lockhart" <ronlock at comcast.net>

True, additional emphasis, practice, judging seminars and field practice on snap/spins will help, and I'm glad to see them under way.  Though effort in this direction is not new, we have been working on snap/spin issues for over a decade.

As Vince points out, there is a trade off between showing a clear break, and increased difficulty of staying on track and hitting the exit.  It's no suprise that the resulting judging task is quite difficult.

Shall we retain the high K factor and high impact on round scores for snap/spin maneuvers while we continue
our judge training efforts another year, two, three.......

Later, Ron Lockhart