[NSRCA-discussion] Lancaster, CA Contest CANCELLED

Jerry Budd jerry at buddengineering.com
Thu Oct 18 19:13:54 AKDT 2007

Hi all,

This has already been sent out on the D7 email list (and also posted
on the D7 web site) but I thought it worth putting on this list in
case there are some who were planning on attending that hadn't heard.

After considering the weather here the past several days (extremely
windy with gusts > 50 mph, and several multi-fatality traffic pileups
due to poor visibility/blowing dust), and then seeing the forecast
for this weekend, I've decided to cancel this weekend's contest in
Lancaster, CA.

For those curious what I'm talking about, click on this link and then
read the forecast summary for Sat:  http://tinyurl.com/mksyt

Before making this decision I checked with our staff meteorologist
where I work and he confirmed that the forecast winds for Saturday
were about 95% likely to occur.  With that info on hand I thought it
best to let people know in time to be able to change their plans.  If
you know someone who is planning on attending that doesn't regularly
read either of these two lists, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a
moment and give them a call and let them know.

Thx, Jerry
--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jerry at buddengineering.com