[NSRCA-discussion] Connector weights was RE: Connectors-Electric

Eddie Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Thu Oct 18 06:31:56 AKDT 2007

Bob

Yeah I thought of that , but I currently don't need to make any connections.
Next time I do I'll try to remember to weigh my solder both before & after
to get an estimate of usage. Yes we are nitpicking about as close as one can
get because even this will not accurately account for the correct amount of
solder in the connection. There is always excess wiped off on your sponge
while cleaning the tip & etc.

FWIW  I did weigh 2pairs(4 plugs) each of Schultze 4mm .  2pairs unused and
2pairs used with "some" solder remaining in them. This too is not real valid
info as more solder probably is in the wire that was removed from the
connectors than what was left onto the connector.  BUT this is the best I
can do for now.

Schultze 4mm  NIB   2pairs weigh 6.747Gm

ScChultze 4mm  Used 2pairs weigh 6.899Gm

That suggests there is 152 milligrams ( 0.152Gm) of solder on the 4
connectors(2 pairs)

Keith  does this compare with your study of Velcro !! ? <VBG>

Eddie

  _____