[NSRCA-discussion] D3 FAI

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Tue Oct 16 05:51:58 AKDT 2007

I think there is one possible solution: just more judging clinics and training.  In the last contest at central Kansas,  one good friend and experience pilot suggested that we should have judging clinics when we are waiting for the sun get out of the way.  In our area, we usually wait until 11:00 AM to start the contest.  We know that pattern flyers are usually early birds.  We could have judging clinics between 9-10:30 AM both days.  This is 3 hours of training in one weekend.  I know that this is not necessarily the case for other districts or fields or when the contest is very well attended.  I will say that this clinics are very easy to implement when we have less than ~20 pilots registered.  However, if there are more than 20 pilots just loosing a round to accommodate the judging clinic won't be a big problem.

Regards,

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: "Courtney, Gary Ray" <grcourtney at tva.gov>