[NSRCA-discussion] Connectors - Electric

Winston E Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Mon Oct 15 21:06:30 AKDT 2007

My first experience with these were with a set of used batterries. They had fuel tubing large enough to pulg onto the male plugs for insulaters. I asked the guy I got them from but he didn't remeber the brand of fuel tubing. If anyone knows of a source I'd be grateful. It is a good bit large in ID than any other fuel tubing I've ever seen.   You simply can NOT get Prather LARGE onto the 6mm connectors.

Bill is correct about both the weight & the short threat.
One set (1male & 1female) is lighter than one Deans connector.  NOT so for the 5,5mm connectors. The  plug prtion of the 6mm ones is much shorter than the 5.5mm ones.  If anyone is skeptical abou the weight I have the following in inventory and could weigh them in milligrams on my pharmaceutical balance:  Shcultze 4mm , Neu 5.5mm , Neu 6mm , Deans. The Shultze 4mm might be the lightest but the hole you solder the wire into is awfully small for my taste.

Let me reinforce the warning about shorting them out. As Bill said you must learn a safety system because you have a uncovered male plug, usually on the red wire, that can easily come into contact something causing BAD things to happen. Make it part of your routine to immedaitely plug an insulator into it.  If you don't have one of the suggested items to use as an insulator, you can use a female plug with shrink wrap on it but that's an expensive method.

Someone asked about a source for them. I've been purchasing them at DragonFly Innovations :
http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/DF-BULLET-60MM-3M3F/RC-PARTS-CONNECTORS-WIRING.html

Eddie