[NSRCA-discussion] Weather Vane or Crab

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Sat Oct 13 14:58:57 AKDT 2007

Eddie,
You're not cracking up !   I'm an avid bicyclist and I've had the same
experience on gusty days. I've never gotten really used to it, as it scares
me every time it happens.
I thought it was caused by the apparent (to the wind) disc of the spoked
wheels presenting a greater area to the cross wind combined with the lighter
mass as compared to the mass of my body, but I don't think this reasoning
applies to a Goldie.
I'd bow to Jim A. on this one.
G.