[NSRCA-discussion] Crashing on takeoff and landing

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 13 04:10:43 AKDT 2007

Chris Moon may want to correct me if I'm wrong but...
Crosswind components.
The term is "demonstrated crosswind component" and is just that...the
maximum that was demonstrated during certification.
Talking full size here.
You may not have the skill to successfully land with the DCC or you may be a
good enough pilot to successfully exceed the DCC.
The DCC is not the absolute limit of the airplane capability.
Same with spins.
Something like a C-152 Aerobat is approved for spins.
3 turns were demonstrated during certification.
They too may be exceeded...
The only thing when you do you are entering the realm of "Test Pilot".
:-)
There!
I'm going back to bed.
My head hurts!