[NSRCA-discussion] Weather Vane

CHV69 at aol.com CHV69 at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 17:41:09 AKDT 2007

In a message dated 10/12/2007 8:15:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
joddino at socal.rr.com writes:

I'm  recovering from an emergency appendectomy so I'm depending on all
you other guys to go try a cross wind stall turn with no rudder
command tomorrow and report on your results.

I've done it.
Airplane goes vertical, stops, drops slightly, then flops either toward the
canopy or belly depending on belly  or canopy slant of my vertical line. If
we do not correct for cross wind the plane will end 20 to 30 feet leeward from
the beginning of vertical flight.With no weathervane effect. With no rudder
input and a proper wing level entry at time of up elevator the  airplane will
fly vertical and drift downwind.

This has been my observation with my airplanes.