[NSRCA-discussion] Turbulence

Nat Penton natpenton at centurytel.net
Thu Oct 11 10:24:59 AKDT 2007

Simple physics tells us moving the center of lift inboard ( more taper ) will benefit flying in turbulent conditions. As a side note, since turbulence is fractal, speed will benefit.

Back to subject, and question. Directionally it appears the less directionally stable the airplane the less change in direction due to a gust. We prefer the airplane moves over without a change in direction.

Where and how do we draw the line on direction stability ?