[NSRCA-discussion] Rudder

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Oct 9 11:18:18 AKDT 2007

If by "weathervane" you mean the plane should do that on its own, I don't think so. You should have to give it rudder to make it weathervane in some situations.

  I would think on a downline the plane should NOT weathervane on its own, it should seek a vertical line relative to the air around it. You should have to hold a little rudder into the wind to keep the track vertical, relative to the ground. On the upline, you should have to hold a little rudder away from the wind to keep the nose from falling over.

  JMHO

  Bob R.

JShulman <jshulman at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
      Hi Bob,

  The airplane should weathervane into the wind, as long as the track of the plane is straight (track- actual line/path of the plane).

  Regards,
Jason
www.jasonshulman.com
www.shulmanaviation.com