[NSRCA-discussion] Epoxy Question

brian young brian_w_young at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 17:33:10 AKST 2007

Warm it up....

Matthew Frederick <mjfrederick at cox.net> wrote:          OK, Nat, we all know your penchant for details like that, but we already established that we were going with 1oz by mass, not volume. I still say it ends up weighing slightly more than the original 1 oz. The problem is that the finished weight ends up different depending on the surface area exposed to air and the degree to which the solution was mixed prior to allowing it to rest (like the difference between freshly-drawn milk and homogenized milk). Also, apparently alcohol has the ability to bind with some of the chemical bonds within epoxy changing its molecular structure and causing undesirable results... Bottom line to me: find a better way to spread epoxy, don't bother thinning it...

  Matt