[NSRCA-discussion] Comcast mail issues

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Fri Nov 9 21:55:47 AKST 2007

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 22:26:36 -0700
John Gayer <jgghome at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm having a lot of difficulty getting mail to the list. It doesn't
> bounce but it doesn't post either. Anyone have any clues?

Hi John,

Taking a quick look through the logs, it appears that your postings
which aren't making it are coming through a mail server that has no
reverse DNS entry.  The IP address in question is 63.131.135.226 which
apparently is an allocation from DataPipe (www.datapipe.com).  One of
the anti-spam measures I implement on the list server is to defer mail
from IP addresses with missing or mismatched DNS entries.  Your post
above made it through because it went through Comcast mail servers with
proper DNS entries.

If you need more info or help, please let me know and we'll take it
offline.

--
Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com