[NSRCA-discussion] R. Puckeruptus

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sat Nov 3 05:37:45 AKDT 2007

I remember watching something on TV about a golfer many years ago (don't remember his name) that was one of the best. Someone suggested he write a book about his golfing techniques, so he tried. He started thinking about everything he did. The more he thought about it, the worse he got. He never did well after that, and pretty much dropped out of golf as a result.

  Bob R.

Lance Van Nostrand <patterndude at tx.rr.com> wrote:
          I know this exactly!!  You'll be flying a sequence with no worries and all of a sudden you think "do I usually roll left or right to start this?" Then you are screwed.  All of a sudden you have to think about the inputs where before it happened without thinking.  I had this happen to my reverse 4 point just before nats and I don't think I solved it until after nats.  The last contest it was one of my more consistently well scored manuvers.  Given this I don't have the secret to solve it but I since I've been flying the new FAI patterns I've had to think through the inputs before flying them.  I didnt' do this before - everything just flowed from watching the plane. I'm hoping that having done this and having a memory of thinking this through in my cerebral cortex that when my cerebellum neurons die I will be able to reroute.
  --Lance