[NSRCA-discussion] R. Puckeruptus

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at tx.rr.com
Fri Nov 2 15:30:16 AKDT 2007

I know this exactly!!  You'll be flying a sequence with no worries and all of a sudden you think "do I usually roll left or right to start this?" Then you are screwed.  All of a sudden you have to think about the inputs where before it happened without thinking.  I had this happen to my reverse 4 point just before nats and I don't think I solved it until after nats.  The last contest it was one of my more consistently well scored manuvers.  Given this I don't have the secret to solve it but I since I've been flying the new FAI patterns I've had to think through the inputs before flying them.  I didnt' do this before - everything just flowed from watching the plane. I'm hoping that having done this and having a memory of thinking this through in my cerebral cortex that when my cerebellum neurons die I will be able to reroute.
--Lance