[NSRCA-discussion] OS 160FX First start procedure

Jeff Hill jh102649 at speakeasy.net
Wed May 30 20:16:28 AKDT 2007

Kevin -

I have had the same experience. What has helped me is two things: I
stopped using after run oil, and when I fuel it up I clamp the fuel
line where it leads into the carb. Before the first flight I leave
the clamp on until I start it. It usually has to be cranked for a few
seconds but I practically never have flooding problems. Below about
50 - 55F however, all bets are off, it will be a pain to start for
the first time. Upside down will work as will tipping it up on one
wing so the exhaust header is down and rocking the prop back and
forth. After that, I clamp the fuel line for fueling and then it will
start by hand by flipping the prop backward.

Jeff Hill