[NSRCA-discussion] OS 120 Ax bearing replacement

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Wed May 30 17:53:25 AKDT 2007

In a message dated 5/30/2007 8:35:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
jpavlick at idseng.com writes:

Has anyone replaced the bearings in their OS 120 Ax? What's the trick? I've
done plenty of bearings but this one is different. After removing everything,
including the sleeve, I can't slide the rod far enough back to get it off the
crankpin. The pin boss in the piston is too narrow to allow the rod to slide
far enough. If anyone has done this already I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks!

John,
I've done it.  The rod will slide far enough on the pin, but often sticks on
baked on stuff that gets on the pin.  You have to work it back and forth until
it frees up.  Try some WD-40 or something like that to try to melt away the
crud.

Use the 1.40  fuel injected rear bearing from Tower.  Cheaper than Boca, and
it is much better than the original.  I only got about 30-40 flights on my
1.20 before I had to change the bearing.

Jon Lowe