[NSRCA-discussion] Andersonville, GA contest this weekend...

schroetere schroetere at bellsouth.net
Wed May 30 16:40:05 AKDT 2007

Hello,

Well, I hope to see lots of folks this weekend at the contest in Andersonville! Right now, there is a very slight chance for rain so hopefully, we should be good in that respect. I did get a phone call asking about the smoke from the wildfires and whether or not that was causing problems in Andersonville. I called Mac to ask and he said that they did have some smoke last weekend that cut down on the visibility some. But, it has been great since then. If we get a south easterly wind, then we may see some smoke in the area. Also, please keep in mind that if you are driving up through FL, there is a possibility of road closures so it wouldn't hurt to have a backup plan mapped out. Currently, there are no roads closured and I copied this from the GA DOT website...

UPDATE 2:30 PM Wed. May 30: The wildfires continue to burn in South Georgia. Combined, they cover an area larger than the state of Rhode Island. However, crews have made progress in containing the fires. All interstates in South Georgia and North Florida are currently open for travel.

You can check their website to make sure before you get on the road that they are not closed...

http://www.georgia-navigator.com/alerts#GDOT-ALERT-351195

Oh, and BTW, we will have a Vanquish combo (plane, motor, etc) to give away to some lucky pilot!

Thanks,
Emory Schroeter, CD